ARESTIN™ is a special medication/antibiotic that can be used in conjunction with scaling and root planning.
- Periodontal disease is a serious infection under your gumline.
- ARESTIN™ (minocycline hydrochloride) is an antibiotic that kills the bacteria that causes the infection.
- It’s placed directly in the infected areas or “pockets”in your gums.
- It’s applied right after scaling and root planing, the dental procedure that disrupts stubborn plaque and bacteria below your gumline where brushing and flossing can’t reach.
- ARESTIN starts working quickly, right at the source of infection, and keeps fighting bacteria long after you leave the dental office. *1,2
- ARESTIN fights infection and inflammation for 30 days, *2 and provides significantly better results than scaling and root planning alone for up to 90 days. *3
The Role of ARESTIN in Periodontal Treatment